Tour of Saudi Arabia Kingdom
A land of arid desert and scorched mountains, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia conjures up all the romance and adventure of the golden age of discovery. The only country on the Arabian Peninsula with a foot in both the Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf, the birthplace of Islam is one of the most difficult and enigmatic countries on earth to visit.
Beginning in the capital Riyadh, this astonishing journey takes us deep into the heart of its ancient landscapes, visiting sites that few travellers from beyond the Arab world have ever seen. Blessed with a remarkable cultural heritage, we will visit spectacular World Heritage sites, traverse some of the world’s finest desert scenery, discover the beautiful Ottoman houses of historic Jeddah and marvel at the remote mountain villages of Abha and the south-west.
This is a tour like no other, offering a glimpse into one of the world’s most misunderstood and least known countries that is certain to appeal to those who are drawn to destinations with a difference.
- A chance to visit the spiritual birthplace of Islam
- Visit the World Heritage sites of Diriyah and the petroglyphs near Hail
- Marvel at the stunning desert scenery around Al Jowf
- Discover the stunning mountain heritage of Abha
- Enjoy the cultural highlights of Jeddah and Riyadh
- Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- All transport (minibuses and domestic flights)
- 8 nights’ accommodation all in comfortable hotels
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
NB, Please note that we have not included the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Madain Salah in this itinerary as it is currently under restoration until 2020.
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
**IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING VISAS TO SAUDI ARABIA**
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT CURRENTLY POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN TOURIST VISAS FOR SAUDI ARABIA.
WE HAVE RECEIVED STRONG ASSURANCES FROM OUR PARTNERS IN SAUDI ARABIA THAT TOURIST VISAS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE BY AUTUMN/WINTER 2018 BUT THERE CAN BE NO GUARANTEE OF THIS AS OBVIOUSLY SUCH THINGS LIE BEYOND THE CONTROL OF WILD FRONTIERS.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO BOOK ONTO ANY SAUDI ARABIA TRIP BEFORE TOURIST VISAS ARE ACTUALLY AVAILABLE, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVEN IF WE ARE ABLE TO FILL THE TRIP (AS WE EXPECT TO DO) WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GUARANTEE THE TRIP UNTIL WE RECEIVE OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION THAT TOURIST VISAS ARE INDEED AVAILABLE.
IF IT TRANSPIRES THAT TOURIST VISAS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT LEAST 3 MONTHS BEFORE DEPARTURE THEN WE WILL CONTACT EVERYONE WHO HAS BOOKED AND OFFER THEM A FULL REFUND OR THE CHANCE TO TRANSFER THEIR DEPOSIT TO AN ALTERNATIVE TRIP AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS.